1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Elected a black president, wandered around Chicago at 4:30 in the morning, went Greyhound.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution last year was 300dpi, but I think this year it's going to be 72dpi. More web-appropriate.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, they all live in different states now and I don't have anything to talk to them about now because they have babies and they don't talk about anything but babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My paternal grandpa.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US this year. Depressing.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Focus, and a job.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4, the night of the election.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing Driver's Ed
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being a terrible student in every other aspect.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Train & bus tickets - I need to go on more road trips this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The American people
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, as always
14. Where did most of your money go?
Train and bus tickets
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I hate to say it, but probably "I Kissed a Girl". Or "Stuck Between Stations".
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter, depressingly so
iii. richer or poorer?
A hell of a lot poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Investing myself emotionally
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I was at my grandma's, as always.
21. How will you be spending New Years'?
Watching Twilight Zone and gorging myself stupid, as always
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, as always
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Pushing Daisies, easily. My god, I can't believe I also experienced 30 Rock for the first time this year, too. So, that.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really. I liked most of the people I met.
26. What was the best book you read?
More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman. I didn't read too much this year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Hold Steady
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see too many, but I think Wall-E made me happiest. That and Be Kind Rewind.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21, and I got a haircut and we went to Ruby Tuesday's and I had some gross grapefruit cocktail.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not feeling so lonely and inadequate so often.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Sigma Nu and the P-House
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay rights / Prop 8
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone I know, at some point.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
"Some people like olives," my Dad says.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Some things you do for money, some things you do for fun, but the things you do for love are gonna come back to you one by one." - "Love Love Love" by Mountain Goats